Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Watch Fire Maidens of Outer Space (1956) Online

Fire Maidens of Outer Space (1956)Fire Maidens of Outer Space (1956)iMDB Rating: 2.1
Date Released : 6 September 1956
Genre : Sci-Fi
Stars : Susan Shaw, Anthony Dexter, Paul Carpenter, Jacqueline Curtis
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

After landing on the 13th moon of Jupiter, the men from Earth debark from their ship to find a forested area containing the last remnant of lost Atlantis: an old man named Prossus, a bevy of nubile young women eager for husbands, and -- The Creature. "The beast with the head of a man," laments Prossus. "It must be destroyed -- yet it is indestructible!"

Watch Fire Maidens of Outer Space Trailer :

Review :

Not the good kind of bad.

I just saw this at the Boston Sci-Fi Film Festival 31. I have a few observations to offer.

This movie certainly falls within the realm of "there go eighty minutes of my life that I'll never get back again". In fact I have two quite earnest theories about this movie that may account for at least a part of its overall horribility.

It is quite obvious that the film was only minimally scripted. There were all the hallmarks of improvised dialog, but not in an artsy experimental cinema kind of way. More like "OK, We've got this sound stage for an hour, but no dialog written. Action!" My other suspicion is that the studio contracted for a film of a specific length, and the director was actively trying to pad it out. This is quite obvious. Another commenter mentioned product placements for Longines watches, but not every time we were subjected to real-time half-minute closeups of clocks were we looking at a Longines.

Finally, If I ever hear Borodin's "Stranger in Paradise" again, I'll strangle myself! It was played at least twelve times, I'd swear.

I've officially named the villain "Mr. Tiki-Head" for reasons that will be obvious if you have the misfortune to view this dreadful excuse for a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment