Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Streaming The Magic Garden (1951) Online

The Magic Garden (1951)The Magic Garden (1951)iMDB Rating: 7.2
Date Released : 5 February 1952
Genre : Comedy, Drama, Music
Stars : Tommy Machaka, Harriet Qubeka, David Mnkwanazi, Dolly Rathebe." />
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Watch The Magic Garden Trailer :

Review :

A mother finds money in the garden - and it changes life for a string of unfortunates.

This must be an excellent movie -- after all, I've been thinking of it from time to time over 50 years! I saw it when it was first released in the 50's and it's stuck in my memory. A gentle, wistful tale of life in a black township, with the hero a small-time thief who plays a penny whistle. I looked for it on line when search engines were less efficient and databases smaller. Now I've found it. I'm eager to see it again.

The cast are non-professionals, but the pacing and visuals are certainly of high quality. High point: When the local police lift a garbage can lid and see the thief inside, one looks at the other and says, "Man, the housing shortage is worse than I thought." Dumb, but endearing. Especially since they carefully put the lid back on, and go on their way.

It sits in my memory beside the original Theodore Bikel "Little Kidnappers." A keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment