Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Watch The Farmer Takes a Wife (1953) Online

The Farmer Takes a Wife (1953)The Farmer Takes a Wife (1953)iMDB Rating: 5.4
Date Released : 1 July 1953
Genre : Comedy, Musical, Romance
Stars : Betty Grable, Dale Robertson, Thelma Ritter, John Carroll
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Erie Canal, N.Y., 1850: Molly Larkins, cook on Jotham Klore's canal boat, has a love-hate relationship with her boss. She hires handsome new haul-horse driver Dan Harrow and the inevitable triangle develops (complicated by Dan's desire to farm and Molly's to boat) against a background of the canalmen's fight against the encroaching railroad.

Watch The Farmer Takes a Wife Trailer :

Review :

Rather disappointing effort for a nice cast

I would lke to give this a 6 but I just cannot even though I am a big Grable fan, Also a fan of Robertson but this was not his best performance by far. Maybe he felt as out of his element as I perceived him to be.

However the weak script and scenes lets the two of them have several moments that the songs couldn't completely ruin.

I did burn this to DVD because I really do want to have a complete library of both the stars.

The costumes were nice and the color was nice and the 4 major actors/actresses did as much as you could hope for in a weak vehicle.

Watch it but don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

As I think on it a 5 might be a little high but I will stick witn it

No comments:

Post a Comment